[NBLUG/talk] mounting USB memory stick

Glen Gunsalus G-Gunsalus at Mindspring.com
Sat May 1 21:26:37 PDT 2004

Thanks to all who responded and pointed me in the right direction.  My bias
was that RH.3 couldn't figure out the files system written by the Mac, but
Kyle gets the prize.  I did a modprobe -l and saw the usb-storage.o module in
the list:

/lib/modules/2.4.18-3smp/kernel/drivers/usb/storage/usb-storage.o

but did the suggested modprobe -r usb-storage and modprobe usb-storage and
viola! mount did the job.  I don't understand why it worked since the modprobe
-l output was unchanged so far as I could tell.

Anyway, thanks again to all and kudos to Kyle.