[NBLUG/talk] Boot Loader problem

Mark Street mark at oswizards.com
Sun May 2 13:41:49 PDT 2004

On Sunday 02 May 2004 12:38 pm, Ian Sutherland wrote:
> I think the order was DOS, Red Hat, Fedora.

You have mucked up the bootloader installation and configuration.  You only
need 1 boot loader installed and configured for all of these operating
systems.

Without giving the solution away .... NOTE your chainloader statements in the
RH9 and FC1 grub.conf files.

One of the two Linux bootloaders has to be the master bootloader located in
the Master Boot Record.  The other Linux must be either entered into the
master boot loader's config file directly or it's boot loader must be
installed into the superblock of its boot partition.

The three common places you can install the boot loader are?
1.  Master Boot Record of the boot drive
2.  Superblock of a boot partition
3.  Floppy disk