[NBLUG/talk] rdate

Scott Doty scott at sonic.net
Fri May 28 20:06:03 PDT 2004

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 05:50:05PM -0700, William Tracy wrote:
> <<SuSE comes with xntp.>>
>
> Unfortunately, since I'm on dialup (and I'm one hub
> and 50 feet of cable short of a home network), I don't
> think that will be as useful to me.
>
> I'll start Googling for sources for rdate, though.

I see you have rdate running, thought I'd mention that xntpd comes with
"ntpdate"...

To get your script running on the desktop, you probably need do no more than
chmod +x the script, and use xterm:

   xterm -e 'su -c rdate -s time.nist.gov'

On the other hand, I'm not sure what it takes to run something from a KDE
desktop, so your mileage may vary...

 -Scott