[NBLUG/talk] Linux as router

Osiris Pedroso opedroso at swoptimizer.com
Wed Nov 3 09:58:00 PST 2004

I am using Vonage as VoIP and been pretty happy with it, although the
occasional ftp disrupts my calls.

The Vonage documentation says that using the Motorola phone adapter in front
of everything else enables it to use QoS features that prevent this kind of
problem, but it is not what I am seeing.

That is my main thrust to get a Linux router/firewall and then do some
traffic shapping to make sure that does not happen anymore.

Interesting article you sent, but Vonage seems to have worked around the
problem described in it.

Thanks,

Osiris Pedroso
--