[NBLUG/talk] Laptop Distro

Steve Johnson gnuguy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 11:15:35 PST 2004

I was wondering what your opinions on laptop distros of linux were.  I
have a Dell 5100 Laptop and I want to put linux on it (again).  Before
I had FC2 on it, and it seemed to work fairly well.  So I was going to
install FC3 on it, then I read on the fedoraforum.org site, that C3 is
having problems on laptops.

Basicly, I'm looking for a distro that right from the install will
support the Broadcom nic, the Linksys Wireless card, and the winmodem.
 With out much config hassels.

Any opinions?

      "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."
                                                   -- Lao-Tzu