[NBLUG/talk] VPN on Mandrake 10 - 2.6kernel

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Wed Nov 17 13:22:32 PST 2004

I've also posted this on the sonic help group as it's on a sonic colo
server, but I thought people here might know about this:

It seems I need some better knowledge. I was working on freeswan, but
I now see that openswan supersceded it and VPN support is included
natively with 2.6 kernels. So now I'm really confused.

I need to set up a VPN using IKE encryption and 3DES algorithm and MD5
data integrity/hash method with a pre-shared secret. I need to connect to
a hardware based VPN for use from this sever only. I don't need to MASQ or
NAT anything, I just need to attach the server to the network in question.

I need to connect to two or three subnets accross this VPN. What is
the easiest/best way to set this up.