[NBLUG/talk] Building module

A'fish'ionado afishionado at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 13:01:56 PST 2004

I'm trying to build a non-standard kernel module. Every time I try to
make it, I get the following error:

/lib/modules/2.6.9/build/include/linux/irq.h:16:25: irq_vectors.h: No
such file or directory

WTF? The kernel header can't find another kernel header? I'm running a
vanilla 2.6.9 I built myself, and this doesn't make sense. :-P

FWIW, I'm trying to build the module for the Lego Mindstorms USB tower
that is bundled with Lejos. I tried building the module that comes
with the 2.6.9 kernel, and it seemed to talk to the tower, but it
never created an entry under /dev. I've talked to the people on the
Lejos discussion list, and they've stopped answering my emails :-P so
I'm pretty much grasping at straws now. (I was told that an entry
should appear as /dev/usb/legousbtower, but I'm not seeing it.)

I doubt there's much in the way of Lego geeks here :-) but maybe
someone can tell me why the module won't build.

William

--
Firefox 1.0 is here. Get it now:
http://www.mozilla.org/firefox