[NBLUG/talk] I'm getting ssh scanned! Should I be worried?

E Frank Ball frankb at frankb.us
Thu Oct 7 14:46:55 PDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 02:24:36PM -0700, Bob Blick wrote:
}
} > * Use a non-standard port.
}
} What is a good non-standard port? Or is that a contradiction :)

The official list of port number assignments (google for "port number
assignments").

I would recommend using a port number ( <1024 ).
These ports can only be opened by root, and it less likely to
interfere with something else.

Pick one labeled "Unassigned".  You need a tcp port, but I'd pick a
number with both upd and tcp unassigned.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at frankb.us