[NBLUG/talk] KDE problem

E Frank Ball frankb at frankb.us
Fri Oct 29 21:34:26 PDT 2004

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 03:18:40PM -0700, Robert Hayes wrote:
} Something happened after my last apt-get upgrade about a week ago (at least I
} think it's related to the upgrade).
}
} I'm running Debian 3.0, and Enlightenment.
}
} When I start any KDE app (konqueror, kmail) the CPU runs up to 100% and the
} app takes 5 to 15 seconds to launch. This happens regardless of the window
} manager used.

I don't know anything about KDE, but "top" will show what programs are
hammering the processor and "xosview" will show what's happening with
RAM and swap space.  Try both.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at frankb.us