[NBLUG/talk] High-quality CD ripping

Christopher Wagner chrisw at pacaids.com
Fri Sep 3 12:55:52 PDT 2004

It was my understanding that cdparanoia did nothing *but* DAE (digital
audio extraction).

cdparanoia was written to make sure it pulls every last bit of
correctable data off the disc.  What kind of noise are you experiencing?
Hum?  Skips?  Clicks?  You can set many of the options in cdparanoia to
raise it's level of paranoia when ripping from the disc.

- Christopher Wagner