[NBLUG/talk] Bad KMail behavior

Mark Street mark at oswizards.com
Sat Sep 18 22:04:17 PDT 2004

We don't know the Linux distribution or the working condition of your OS,
whether KDE is installed correctly, etc.  Are you accessing IMAP folders?
Pulling POP3 into your machine?  Are you using any other mail clients in
addition to Kmail?  All we know is Kmail seems to be munching your mail or
your mail index files.

I have been using Kmail for many years and I haven't experienced any ill
effects as you describe during the last 4 or 5 years.  Kmail really is a nice
client.

I use the latest, Kmail 1.6.2 included with KDE 3.2.3-6.5.1

Give mutt a whirl if you want a nice client that does just about anything you
want from a terminal.

--
Mark Street, RHCE
http://www.oswizards.com