[NBLUG/talk] Nvidia - DVI Output Config in XF86Config

Eric Eisenhart eric at nblug.org
Wed Sep 22 16:45:38 PDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 04:24:57PM -0700, Mark Street wrote:
> Just picked up a nifty Dell UltraSharp 2001FP 20.1-inch Flat Panel LCD Monitor
> and I was wondering if anyone knows of a resource or a site where I can get
> some tips on configuring X for DVI Out, etc.
>
> The card is a Nvidia GeForce FX 5600 256M RAM

At work, I've got a Dell 1901FP hooked up to a Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 128M
RAM and, well, with the closed-source driver from nvidia
(http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_1.0-6111.html)
"It Just Works"(tm).  No need to do anything special to make it do DVI.  I
haven't tried anything with dual-heads or anything too strange, though.
--
Eric Eisenhart
NBLUG Co-Founder & Director-At-Large