[NBLUG/talk] An different kind of initrd

sms at sonic.net sms at sonic.net
Mon Sep 27 00:23:03 PDT 2004

> I suppose that there may have been a thread on this list about booting
> from USB devices, as Steve suggested, but I don't remember any such
> discussion.  And I think that I joined the group (and the Talk list)
> before such devices were at all common.

I also mostly-lurk the BADlist, so maybe I'm recalling something seen
there; but a quick scan didn't find the topic on either NBLUG's or BAD's
archive.  <sigh>  Not sure *what* I was remembering...

But, Google is STILL a good resource.  Try looking over these pages...

http://rz-obrian.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de/knoppix-usb/
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=57754
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-fireboot.html?ca=dgr-lnxw02FireBoot
http://mw-pc-seiten.de/homepage/USB_hd.htm