[NBLUG/talk] Layer 8 problem

S. Saunders sms at sonic.net
Sun Apr 10 22:13:54 PDT 2005

On Sat, April 9, 2005 22:33, Walter Hansen said:

> Bob: Joey, did you fix that file problem with the CEO's computer?
> Joey: Yeah, it turned out to be a layer eight problem.
> Bob: Forgot where he put the file huh?

<g>

I can see this... geek-managers, inevitably, learn of geek jokes,
particularly those at the expense of mgmt/clients/etc.  It's time
for a new one.  Really, "user error" is *SO* inadequate sometimes.

It's been... I dunno, a decade (or so?) since I last met anyone --
even a mango -- who didn't know what the typed-out version of the
spoken "SET USER = ID ten T" meant, though I *was* startled, not
too long ago, when some Jr-Tech's hadn't met "PEBKAC".

- Steve S.