[NBLUG/talk] Knoppix Remaster

David shadoweyez at hotpop.com
Sat Apr 23 13:59:16 PDT 2005

I'm thinking of doing a knoppix remaster (some apps I want they don't
have, and vice-versa, and I like my settings) and I've looked googled it
and looked on knoppix.net, but was wondering two things.  Do I have to
have a separate 650-700 mg partition for the initial copying or can I
just make a directory on the drive and then use cdrecord with recursion
for the whole directory?

Also, (and don't think this is blasphemy) is a remaster possible in
windows with nero, assuming I can extract the .bin file (the cd's master
boot record)?  Has anyone tried this in windows?

TIA
ShadowEyez