[NBLUG/talk] Linux Apache PHP novice

jmlleung at yahoo.com jmlleung at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 2 23:45:42 PDT 2005

Hi,

I need some help here. I installed Red Hat Linux 9, Apache httpd 2.0.49,
MySQL 4.0.18, PHP 4.3.4 on my Dell machine a year ago and put it aside. I
originally planned to practice writing some simple web pages using LAMP.

Now I am trying to pick it up again. But I don't even remember how to launch
a html page. My httpd is up and running.

I have 2 httpd.conf files. One is under /usr/local/apache2/conf/, and the
other under /etc/httpd/conf/. Which one is being used?

Where should I store the .html files? Is it defined by DocumentRoot in
httpd.conf?

Any pointer and/or advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Johnson