[NBLUG/talk] Redhat 9 -> Fedora Core 4 upgrade: xfree86 vs. xorg

Troy Arnold troy at zenux.net
Wed Aug 17 16:02:21 PDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 03:35:21PM -0700, Dave Sisley wrote:
> Is there an easy way to blow away the XFree86 cruft and maybe
> reinstall xorg?

Dunno.  Is there an x.org configuration tool?  Google sez 'xorgconfig'
Backup xorg.conf first, of course.

> Any tips would be appreciated.  Since this is someone's work machine,
> time is of the essence, and I'm at a loss google-wise.

Perhaps you could post the xserver's error log somewhere, or, I suppose,
send it to the list.  I'm not familiar with X on Fedora, but check
/var/log/Xorg*log

Look for lines starting with (EE)

-t