[NBLUG/talk] Webmin Future Directions Web Conference, 13 Dec

Troy Arnold troy at zenux.net
Thu Dec 1 10:16:32 PST 2005

On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 08:30:29AM -0800, Vincent Gonzales wrote:
> Does anyone really have webmin accessible from outside their network
> though?  That just seems intrinsically wrong.

Yes, yes they do.  Some people leave it happily listening to every
address on the 'net.

A company I work for just turned over a web server to a client of
theirs.  The client is enthusiastic but really shouldn't to be admin'ing
their own machines (long story). Anyway, they were asking about webmin
just last week so the minute I read augie's warning I checked it out.
Running: check.  Wide open: check.  Vulnerable version: check.

Fortunately my ssh key still works so I could log in and add some
iptables rules as a temporary measure.

-troy