[NBLUG/talk] A Non-linux Hardware Question

Bob Blick bblick at sonic.net
Fri Dec 30 19:51:27 PST 2005

On 30 Dec 2005 at 15:28, Stephen Cilley wrote:

> I'm sorry, I know this isn't really linux related at
> all, but I think you guys know a lot about computer
> hardware as well and I wanted to get your all's read
> on this:
> I'm swapping out my hard drive for an exponentially
> more expensive solution.  I'm thinking about doing two
> of these in mirror:
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822136003

My only comment is to never buy OEM packaged hard drives from
newegg.com. They pack them so poorly for shipment that you have
a good chance of receiving a DOA or one that dies within the month.
They also don't seem to care - I'm not the only one to complain to
them. Just google for newegg and DOA and you'll see what I mean.

For cheap drives mailorder you might try zipzoomfly.com . They
have special packaging for OEM drives and although they don't ship
as fast as newegg, I'd rather have a working drive than a dead one.

Cheerful regards,

Bob