No subject

Sun Feb 20 16:52:19 PST 2005

Tested and known to be vulnerable kernel versions are all <= 2.2.25, <=
2.4.24 and <= 2.6.2. The 2.2.25 version of Linux kernel does not
recognize the MREMAP_FIXED flag but this does not prevent the bug from
being successfully exploited.

> If you have a working exploit for 2.4.25, share it.  I want to root
> bolt! ;)  (Hi, Scott ;-) )

The advisory also mentions other vectors of attack that aren't the way
this is exploited.

It's possible that 2.4.25 isn't vulnerable, but I don't think that's the
case. It would have recommended that you upgrade to 2.4.25 if that was
the case, no?

--
error <error at sonic.net>