[NBLUG/talk] RAID array with root filesystem tries to attach the wrong partition!

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 1 14:47:59 PST 2005

My root filesystem is a software RAID-1 array, /dev/md0, consisting of
the partitions /dev/hda1 and /dev/hde1.  The contents
of /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf would seem to indicate that it will look for
the right partitions, but when the systems starts up, it only
attaches /dev/hda1 to the array.  Based on the messages that fly across
the screen when the system starts up, I'm guessing that it's trying to
attach /dev/hdg1 to the array instead of /dev/hde1, but I can't seem to
find anything in the kernel logs that matches what I saw while it was
booting.

Any ideas of how I could fix this so I don't have to rebuild /dev/hde1
every time I restart my computer?

---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

If you talk to God, you are praying; if God talks to you, you have
schizophrenia.
		-- Thomas Szasz