[NBLUG/talk] HD for computer

E Frank Ball frankb at frankb.us
Tue Feb 1 15:44:07 PST 2005

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 03:10:23PM -0800, Walter Hansen wrote:
} HSC has some 9 gig SCSI drives in that might do real well for my new
} server. But I'm thinking that a set of four would be best. Plant
} everything (system) on the first raid array and then use the second for
} /var and /home. I was thinking that 9 gig is pretty large for a linux
} system though, and then started wondering if HSC might have some smaller
} drives for cheaper, what should I get?
}
} So what is the fattest I'm likely to get up to? I'm thinking 4gigs would
} be more than enough for a very ample install. Two gigs is probably
} pleanty, but I though I'd ask for oppinons. I'll have to take a long lunch
} just to get down there and buy something.

What is this server going to be used for?

My "server" is a 520MB install of Debian (no xserver).  If you start
desktop machine is 2.6GB (not including /home), and that's without KDE
and a lot of other popular things.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at frankb.us