[NBLUG/talk] Apache2 and Debian

Devin Carraway nblug-talk-list at devin.com
Tue Feb 1 21:42:05 PST 2005

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 11:04:21PM -0800, Daniel Kinon wrote:
>    I have a question about apache2 and debian(Sarge/Testing).  I have
> tried googling for help docs on the situation but haven't found
> anything useful.  Why is it that anytime you try and access the docroot
> aka (localhost), does apache send you to
> http://localhost/apache2-default/.  I've looked through
> /etc/apache2/apache2.conf and haven't found anything.  Any ideas?

Debian's apache2 is more virtualhost-centric than the apache1 install was, and
also makes more use of directories full of config files rather than a single
monolithic one (in part because it makes it somewhat easier to install and
autoconfigure new modules or applications without clobbering your existing
configuration).  The configuration you're looking for is in
/etc/apache2/sites-available/default, and symlinked to
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/default.

--
Devin  \ aqua(at)devin.com, IRC:Requiem; http://www.devin.com
Carraway \ 1024D/E9ABFCD2: 13E7 199E DD1E 65F0 8905 2E43 5395 CA0D E9AB FCD2