[NBLUG/talk] Making a Knoppix Disk

Peter Lutz peter3 at sonic.net
Sun Feb 6 08:00:08 PST 2005

Good morning.
Yesterday's install fest was great fun, especially the huge HP server.
Did it ever get going?
I noticed that most people there had KNOPPIX disks that seemed to just
start and run a lot of hardware.  So I tried to make one.  Now I have a
perfectly good cd with the file:    KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN.iso
filling it completely.  But it won't boot.

How do I turn this file into a bootable CD?

One line in my /etc/fstab file looks like:
/dev/hdd        /mnt/justlink   iso9660 rw,noauto,users         0       0
which describes my CD burner.  I suspect that if I can get the correct
command line for cdrecord, it will make a bootable CD, but does it take
more than one step?

Thank you.
--
Peter Lutz  AA6AV