[NBLUG/talk] Making a Knoppix Disk

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Sun Feb 6 11:07:41 PST 2005

I wanted to thank eveyone who helped and incouraged me. I'm not very good
with names, but it was great fun. I hope HP will help me or I can figgure
out something from their online info. I've set it in the store where I can
swtich a montor/keboard/mouse to it real quick to try things. And my poor
little car is a lot happier without the extra weight.

I'm sorry that yesterday was my first chance to even boot it. I had
planned on dragging an extension out to my car and trying it there. It
spent the whole week in the back as I didn't want to move it back an
forth. Even if I don't get it going, the $20 will be worth it for the
memory. But I'm not going to give up easily. I think it might have a bad
CPU. I've got a Xeon 400 here. Perhaps I should try setting the jumpers
for 400 from 450 and then switching the chip in for the others one by one.
Hmmm, that could take a while.

On Knoppix and Win I haven't seen windows burning software yet that didn't
have a iso burning utility. I have yet to burn under Linux becuase I don't
have a Linux box with a burner.