[NBLUG/talk] Knoppix - Toshiba Satellite - Proxima wireless

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Sun Feb 13 10:48:36 PST 2005

Kyle -

This is my first venture into the wireless realm of Linux, so any
suggestions are welcomed.

Upon bring up Knoppix 3.7, I ran "lsmod" and did not see any reference
to the Orinoco (it is the classic Gold).  I then tried the "modprobe
orinoco_cs" and received that it could not insert the mod.  Is this due
to my old Toshiba Satellite (450 MHz Win 98 notebook that runs Win 2K).
I checked the bios and it is on auto-detect for the PCMCIA (I tried
theothers in Win 2K and they did not work - just the Auto works).

Thank you for the help....

Todd