[NBLUG/talk] Default startup for Gnome

Dave Sisley dsisley at sonic.net
Mon Jan 10 09:41:12 PST 2005

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 08:57:26AM -0800, Todd Cary wrote:
> When Gnome starts upon logon, it creates a Terminal window even though
> when I shutdown there was not a terminal window present.  Is there a
> setting in one of the "dot" files that controls this?
>
> Todd
> --

Todd:

I'm sure that there is a text-based config file for that, but I'm
embarrassed to admit I don't know where it is.  While I'm usually a
command-line kind of guy, I use the gui app in gnome to set the
startup applications.

Bear in mind I'm using Fedora Core 2 with gnome 2.6, but I think this
is a gnome thing, not redhat/Fedora specific.

Here's how:

gnome menu (big foot) -> Preferences -> Sessions

Then you get a window with 3 tabs; select Startup Programs.  You
should see gnome-terminal listed there.  Select that and then press
the delete button.

I have mine set up to start the terminal, ironically.

Hope that helps!

-dave.

--
Dave Sisley