[NBLUG/talk] OT: Old Mac fans?

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Wed Jan 12 10:33:45 PST 2005

Ack. I think it can run up to OS 7 or so. I have an original mac
somewhere, but it doesn't boot. Mac SEs are a lot of fun as they have a
20meg drive. I think they had something called AUX (AppleUniX) but I don't
know if it would run on a plus or not.

Mac SE web server:
http://oldmac.toddverbeek.com:8012/

Mac Plus webservers and info:
http://www.lowendmac.com/compact/plus.shtml

Info on linux (debian) on old macs (but not quite that old mostly becuase
early macs are limited to 4megs memory)
http://www.jagshouse.com/Linuxm68k.html

PS I'm pretty sure the plus can be expanded to 4megs memory. As I remember
you have to cut a wire on the motherboard and then just install 4 1-meg 30
pin simms.