[NBLUG/talk] Mouse no longer works

Ross Thomas boscorama at fastmail.us
Fri Jun 3 09:45:20 PDT 2005

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 07:21:44 -0700, "Todd Cary"
<todd at aristesoftware.com> said:
> I installed a KVM with a new mouse, and my Linux Fedora 3 no longer
> recorgnizes the mouse.  Is there a way while in the terminal mode to
> remove the old settings and have the "new hardware detcctor" find the
> mouse?

Did you reboot after installing the KVM & mouse?  Modern KVM's
emulate the peripherals to the attached systems and do a kind of
'negotiation' (wrong term but will suffice here) during the boot
sequence to get the parameters right.

> By the way, the mouse is a Logitech Cordless Mouse that is USB running
> through a USB->PS2 converter into the KVM.

Heh!   That's exactly my setup.  Ugly but effective.  :-)

HTH

Ross.

                          wherever you are