[NBLUG/talk] Sendmail

Mark Greeott mark at greeott.com
Mon Jun 20 16:37:40 PDT 2005

Hi everyone,

Sendmail noob here!! I've got a colo box at sonic that I run some
websites from. One of the sites (co.dsm.org) has a majordomo mailing
list attached to it and is working fine. The problem is when the list
admin logs on to the machine and tries to send mail *from* it. The from
address appears as "user at sonic-1u.sonic.net" instead of "user at co.dsm.org".

This causes most of his mail to be returned with: "some.isp.com requires
a valid sender domain" Anyway, I've googled alot and played with
sendmails Domain Masquerading, Outgoing Addresses(genericstable) and
Outgoing Domains stuff to no avail. Does anyone have any insight on
probably the very stupid thing I'm doing wrong?

Sendmail version 8.12.11
Mandrake 10

Thanks,
Mark