[NBLUG/talk] Wireless configure in Debian

Troy Arnold troy at zenux.net
Thu Mar 3 20:34:16 PST 2005

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 03:26:16PM -0800, Ian Sutherland wrote:
> I don't have an internet connection with Debian so can't download
> wireless tools. Is there another way to get wireless tools? I have the
> Debian sarge install disk.

If it's a recent sarge installer, I'd say it's doable.  You can grab:
http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/w/wireless-tools/wireless-tools_27-2_i386.deb
and
http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/w/wireless-tools/libiw27_27-2_i386.deb

I say recent, because both of the above depend upon libc6 >= 2.3.2.ds1-4

If your libc6 is older, then there really isn't a feasible way (without
a working 'net connection) to grab all the dependencies a libc6 upgrade
would require.

To install the downloaded debs, do:
dpkg -i wireless-tools_27-2_i386.deb libiw27_27-2_i386.deb

-troy