[NBLUG/talk] Wireless configure in Debian

Mark Street mark at oswizards.com
Mon Mar 14 11:57:12 PST 2005

OK, I think everyone has suffered enough.

Here is one of mine.  I changed it for your network and such.  Your mileage
may vary...

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
        address 192.168.1.109
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        network 192.168.1.0
        broadcast 192.168.1.255
        gateway 192.168.1.1
        wireless-mode managed
### You may want to try     wireless-mode auto
        wireless-essid SonomaGrove
        #wireless-key ENTER YOUR KEY HERE SEPARATED BY :::::
        dns-nameservers 192.168.1.1