[NBLUG/talk] Apache2 + cronolog problems

Rob Orsini orsini at sonic.net
Sun May 15 15:40:56 PDT 2005

cronolog version 1.6.2
Apache version 2.0.53

i'm trying to get a little more organized about my access logs and have
them in directories like: [logs]/2005/May/15/access.log and can't seem
to get it cooking.

as a test, my CustomLog directive for my vhost looks like this:

<vhost...>
CustomLog "|/www/sbin/cronolog /var/log/www/orsini.us/%Y/bob" combined
</vhost>

and attempting to restart apache gives:

"unable to start piped log program '/www/sbin/cronolog
/var/log/www/orsini.us/%Y/bob': No such file or directory
Unable to open logs"

i've tried opening up file/directory permissions all with no effect.

any ideas? tia,
rob