[NBLUG/talk] Bluetooth?

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 27 18:05:37 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 17:40 -0700, Robert Hayes wrote:
> There is a very cool dongle I've lusted over (quietly, and chaste from afar)
> that plugs into the back of your printer. It's counterpart is a USB dongle
> similar in size and shape to a thumb sized solid state disk.

I recall having seen that (or something very similar) recently, but I
could never get a straight answer when I asked if it was compatible with
Linux.  The packaging specifically says that it's designed to work with
USB printers, but from the looks of it, it might just as well work for
lots of other types of USB devices.  It would be SO cool if I could plug
the printer end into a hub instead of a printer...

Maybe I can smooth-talk someone at a local computer hardware store to
let me open one up and plug it into my iBook (so I can determine more
precisely how it works) before I buy it.  And if I succeed, I'll report
my findings back to the group.

> They were selling a year or so ago for about $50. I could never justify the
> money for that.

The last time I saw them (which I think was less than a year ago), they
were well over $50.  Do you remember where you saw them for $50?

---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

LILO, you've got me on my knees!