[NBLUG/talk] Bluetooth?

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 28 21:43:56 PDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-28 at 19:33 -0700, A'fish'ionado wrote:
> BTW, my sister is reading over my shoulder, and tells me that using
> tacks to hold the cords in place is usually enough to kitten-proof
> them. I'm not sure how useful that advice would be with computer
> cables, though, frankly.

My concern is that the kitten will claw and/or chew on the cables,
particularly if he claws and/or chews a power cable, or he chews any
other cable (since the mouth doesn't offer the same electrical
insulation as the outer skin).

I could see how using tacks would help if the cords were held in an
elevated position so that the kitten can't reach them without jumping,
but I could still imagine the kitten being able to hang on to the cable
with his claws.  Probably wouldn't be quite as much of a hazard as if he
could chew on the cable, but if it happened to carry a large AC
current...

> Good luck with the kitten-proofing. Maybe you can set up a
> Linux-powered kitten webcam, and we'll all succumb to teh cuteness.
> :-)

I picked up two USB webcams at the Computer Recycling Center a few weeks
ago, but I think that the biggest obstacle to setting up a kitten webcam
would be to make the webcam follow the kitten.

---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

Once upon a time, four AMPHIBIOUS HOG CALLERS attacked a family of
DEFENSELESS, SENSITIVE COIN COLLECTORS and brought DOWN their PROPERTY
VALUES!!