[NBLUG/talk] I'm on the war path now!

E Frank Ball frankb at frankb.us
Tue May 31 14:17:07 PDT 2005

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 02:02:06PM -0700, Troy Arnold wrote:
} On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 01:52:40PM -0700, A'fish'ionado wrote:
} >
} > I love Debian too, but I wouldn't advise it for a first Linux install,
} > unless you're ready to spend a lot of time learning. :-) SuSE is
} > easier on newbies to setup, IME.
}
} The Debian Sarge installer Does Not Suck (tm)   There's no need to fear
} Debian installs any more (unless, perhaps, you're running very
} new-to-the-market hardware)

The Sarge installer doesn't suck, but it isn't as polished as SuSE,
Mandrake, or Fedora.  I just put it on a laptop and I had to know what
video chipset I had.  It didn't automatically configure the sound, and
probably didn't configure USB, but I haven't tested that yet.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at frankb.us