[NBLUG/talk] Re: I'm on the war path now!

Osiris Pedroso opedroso at swoptimizer.com
Tue May 31 14:29:27 PDT 2005

Edward,

Also check out Xandros. It is Debian based and it has the same (pretty much)
layout for Windows. Little things like right button click on the desktop
brings you the control panel for changing resolution and the ability to,
from inside File Manager, select Tools/Mount Network Drive and right button
click on a directory and select Sharing has won me over.

Don't get me wrong, it is still Linux, but I did not have to re-learn every
thing I already knew and it made the transition much easier for me.

They also have a GUI interface for the Debian apt-get stuff that is pretty
easy to use. Although I don't suggest you ever say upgrade my machine to the
lastest blindly. I had to re-install after one of those.

This will certainly reduce the anxiety of any employees that are hard core
Windows users, if you got them.

Hope this helps,

Osiris Pedroso
--