[NBLUG/talk] Searching for near-identical photos?

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 6 12:53:28 PST 2005

Anyone know of a program that could tell me if two photos are nearly
identical, even if they aren't 100% identical?  I ask because I'm working on
a large collection of photos for a group at SSU, and I suspect that it
contains several duplicates that differ only slightly (e.g. two copies of a
printed photo that were scanned at different times, perhaps with different
settings, or even with different scanners).

I think that GNUift might be able to do this, but I've never been able to get
it to work.

--
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

... I don't like FRANK SINATRA or his CHILDREN.

/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email
 X     No Word docs in email
/ \  Respect for open standards