[NBLUG/talk] ICH7R

Stephen Cilley hydro_mancer at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 11 19:42:14 PST 2005

Ok, I misassigned the blame.  It turns out the IDE
controller I am actually struggling with is the ITE
8211F.  Loads of people are having difficulties with
it.  So, I don't really know how to take care of this.
I have the driver source from the website
(www.ite.com.tw/software_download/software_download2.asp)
but source is all that's availible.  How am I supposed
to compile this because installing linux?  Do I boot
liveCD?  Also, how do I add this in before the fdisk
stage of installation?
Bear in mind I'm installing the AMD64 release of
Breezy Badger.
Thank you,
Stephen