[NBLUG/talk] Ubuntu

Troy Arnold troy at zenux.net
Fri Nov 25 19:29:47 PST 2005

On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 06:34:32PM -0800, A'fish'ionado wrote:
> Anyway, here's my exact situation: For speech class, I was supposed to
> give a persuasive speech, and I picked "Why you Should use Linux" for
> my topic (I don't think there *is* a better topic, hehe), and gave my
> speech (which turned out pretty well!). I ordered forty Ubuntu CD
> sets, hoping to give them out with my speech. In practice, they
> arrived a day late, so I'm planning to give them out next week (maybe
> that'll give my argument time to sink in). I'd hoped people would be
> able to just plug in the live CDs and go, but I'm getting less and
> less convinced that it will work that way.

I know you said that you're having trouble making it to the meetings,
but if you can make it to the December 13th meeting, we'd love to have
you on the panel to cover Ubuntu.  No pressure :)  Maybe we could even
get you some extra credit for that speech class...

I thought your initial review very well-written and covered exactly the
things that people would like to know about a distro. So, well done :)

On a related note, Kyle realized that he won't be available to
participate in the panel, leaving Debian and Debian derivatives
completely unrepresented.  That's a huge shame!  If anyone would like to
step up, please visit: