[NBLUG/talk] Glacial print queues

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 1 23:09:04 PDT 2005

I'm having a weird problem where I'll tell a program to print, the job will go
into the print queue, but it might not print until several hours later (or
sometimes a few days later).  It almost feels like there is some sort of
strange print quota set up, but I never set any quotas up, nor can I find any
evidence that quotas are in effect at all.  I'm not sure what else could be
going on.

Any ideas what I might be experiencing?  I'm running Debian/Sarge with CUPS
1.1.23, and I'm using an HP LaserJet 4L printer.

--
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

It is the wisdom of crocodiles, that shed tears when they would devour.
		-- Francis Bacon