[NBLUG/talk] [OT?] Static DHCP leases from a LinkSys router?

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 20 15:43:22 PDT 2006

Anyone know if I can configure a LinkSys EtherFast Cable/DSL router
(model number BEFSR51) to always assign the same IP address to certain
computers, e.g. based on their MAC addresses?  I ask because I'd like to
set up a few servers (most of them headless) on my LAN, and it would be
rather difficult to access them if their IP addresses change every time
they start up!

This is not a WRT54G router, so I probably can't run Linux on it.

--
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love."
		-- Albert Einstein