[NBLUG/talk] Crypt Filesystems

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 1 15:51:06 PDT 2006

On Tuesday 01 August 2006 07:26, Jack Smith wrote:
> Our bank requires the encrypting of all laptops.  I don't really pay
> attention to how it's done, since they're Windows laptops.  Probably a very
> good idea although it really slows them down.

It shouldn't slow them down in any noticeable way.  I use dm-crypt on
Debian/testing, and I can't perceive any loss of performance from it.

Of course, since you're talking about *Windows* laptops, I wouldn't be
surprised if just looking at them the wrong way slows them down.

--
Lincoln Peters		<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

Artistic ventures highlighted.  Rob a museum.