[NBLUG/talk] ALSA broken after reinstall of Debian/testing

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 2 16:57:07 PDT 2006

I've been able to work around the problem by disabling ALSA and enabling the
old OSS drivers.  I now have sound, but since OSS is deprecated and could be
removed from the Linux kernel at almost any time, I do want to get ALSA to
work again (I got in trouble a while ago by using the usb-scanner module when
it was deprecated, and don't want to repeat that mistake).

At least now, I won't be completely screwed if I need sound once the Fall
semester begins...

--
Lincoln Peters		<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

Your society will be sought by people of taste and refinement.