[NBLUG/talk] install Crypt::SSLeay Mandrivia

Augie Schwer augie.schwer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 13:16:45 PDT 2006

On 8/4/06, Walter Hansen <gandalf at sonic.net> wrote:
> > What's wrong with just using the RPM?
> > urpmi perl-Crypt::SSLeay
> > If you are going to try and install Crypt::SSLeay from source, then be
> > prepared to have all the necessary libraries.
> urpmi says it's never heard of it. I tried urpmi SSLeay and got the same
> result. The more I use urpmi (or try to) the more I don't like it.

Check your media then; because it is in the "main" repository:

[augie at augnix ~]$ urpmq -i perl-Crypt-SSLeay
Name        : perl-Crypt-SSLeay
Version     : 0.51
Release     : 5mdk
Group       : Development/Perl
Size        : 73340                        Architecture: i586
Source RPM  : perl-Crypt-SSLeay-0.51-5mdk.src.rpm   Build Host:
n1.mandrakesoft.com
Packager    : Rafael Garcia-Suarez <rgarciasuarez at mandrakesoft.com>
URL         : http://search.cpan.org/dist/Crypt-SSLeay
Summary     : Support for the https protocol under LWP
Description :
This perl module provides support for the https protocol under LWP, so
that a LWP::UserAgent can make https GET & HEAD requests.

The Crypt::SSLeay package contains Net::SSL, which is automatically
loaded by LWP::Protocol::https on https requests, and provides the
necessary SSL glue for that module to work via these deprecated modules:

This product includes cryptographic software written by
Eric Young (eay at cryptsoft.com)

[augie at augnix ~]$ urpmq --sources perl-Crypt-SSLeay
ftp://ftp.sonic.net/mirrors/mandriva/2006.0/i586/media/main/perl-Crypt-SSLeay-0.51-5mdk.i586.rpm

--
Augie Schwer    -    Augie at Schwer.us    -    http://schwer.us