[NBLUG/talk] Using readcd with 2.6 kernel

Andrew argonaut at gmx.co.uk
Sun Aug 6 16:19:43 PDT 2006

I'm trying to use readcd (from the cdrecord package) to read a
data CD out to an image file on my hard disk, but I'm not sure
how I should invoke the program. With a 2.4 kernel and ide-scsi,
I would use "readcd dev=x,y,z" where x,y,z was the emulated
SCSI bus, target, and lun. But I'm now running a 2.6 kernel and
ide-scsi has been scrapped in favor of ide-cd, which doesn't use
the old familiar bus,target,lun syntax. How can I invoke readcd
so that it will correctly access my CD drive?

A.