[NBLUG/talk] xserver* vs. xserver-xorg-*

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 9 17:05:36 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 09 August 2006 15:49, Robert Hayes wrote:
> > This sounds like the xfree86 to xorg change for X11.
> > I've been postponing this on my debian/testing machine for some time
> > now.  We all have to do it sooner or later.
>
> And this is encouraging... why?
>
> Am I reading between the lines unnecessarily, or is this going to hurt?

I made the shift on Debian/testing a while ago.  I do seem to remember that I
had to reboot my computer before it would work (no idea why), but other than
that, I had no problems.

But, as Tim pointed out, your mileage may vary.

--
Lincoln Peters		<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

Ehrman's Commentary:
	(1) Things will get worse before they get better.
	(2) Who said things would get better?