[NBLUG/talk] lilo.conf question

Robert Hayes rhayes at silcom.com
Thu Aug 10 13:57:04 PDT 2006

The dist-upgrade seems to have worked.
There were some issues that needed to be handled manually midstream by using
dpkg --force-all -i packagename
on several different packages.

There are 11 packages that did not install properly, but they are none that I
use (latex, wvdial, etc.) so I will remove them in time.

The one concern I have is with lilo.
Dialogs came up with instructions for manuall editing lilo.conf, which I have
done.
When I run lilo the response is:

Fatal: open /boot/vmlinuz_new: No such file or directory

But this box only has a single OS on it. No menu comes up when I boot.
Here is the relevant part of my lilo.conf.
If I read this correctly, the error message can be ignored, and I could remove
the second section from the lilo.conf.

But, I'd just like another pair of eyes to confirm that I'm reading this right
before I attempt a reboot.

Thanks.

-----------------------

# Boot up Linux by default.