[NBLUG/talk] OT - iBook hack

Mark Street mark at oswizards.com
Fri Aug 11 22:41:57 PDT 2006

Thanks for the tip Bob.... armed with that knowledge... but being without any
sort of OSX cd I proceeded to hack it from the command line.

1. Boot to single user mode by holding down the "C" key down. (Actually I
think I was pressing the apple key and the "C" key... but who cares)

2. At the root prompt in single user mode remount the volume read write:

mount -uw /

3.  Run the Systemstarter command

Systemstarter

4.  Run the passwd command for the username to change it.

passwd username

5.  My box....Reboot

shutdown -r now

--