[NBLUG/talk] Remote linux command from a windows shortcut?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sat Aug 19 01:37:12 PDT 2006

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 04:39:34PM -0700, David wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Looking for a way to set a windows shortcut to execute a command or script on a
> remote linux box, probably through ssh (say with putty) with pass wordless
> login.  The idea is I double click the shortcut in windows and - *poff* -
> something happens on the linux box.

It'd be possible to fire a Cygwin shell, or use a command-line SSH tool
on the Windows box, just like you would on Linux.

In fact, I think I did something like that at work, though I think in the
end I was firing off BATch files, rather than SHell scripts, but either way,
it was doing it over SSH.

--
-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com